FTGP is a period set aside for Form Teacher and Co-Form Teacher to
· engage in quality interactions with their students
· help students strengthen their social and emotional competencies.
During FTGPs, there could be:
· play activities between the teachers and students to enhance bonding
· teaching of the social and emotional learning (SEL) skills, which include handling challenging situations and making responsible decisions
· discussion on important topics such as cyber wellness and education and career guidance (ECG)
· one-to-one interaction with students to strengthen the teacher-student relationship (TSR)
Education and Career Guidance
Education and Career Guidance (ECG) is about equipping students with the necessary knowledge, skills and values to make informed decisions at each key education stage for successful transition from school to further education or work, and hence manage their career pathways and lifelong learning throughout their lives. Through ECG, social emotional competencies and qualities of proactivity, adaptability and resilience are developed to prepare students for the 21st Century.
Goals of ECG
The goals of ECG are to:
· nurture student’s self-awareness, self-directedness and life skills for continuous learning and training; (Skills)
· enable students to explore viable education and career options through the provision of accurate and comprehensive information; (Knowledge)
· inculcate an appreciation for the value of all occupations and how they contribute to the well-functioning of society; (Mindsets) and
· equip students with skills and means to positively engage their parents and other career influencers (Engaging the community)
MySkillsFuture is a one-stop portal to help students
· discover more about themselves
· explore the different education and career options
· plan for their future
All Primary 5 and 6 students will have access to MySkillsFuture Portal.
Please click on link (https://www.myskillsfuture.sg/content/student/en/primary/about/myskillsfuture-for-students.html) to access the portal.
Please click on link (https://www.myskillsfuture.sg/content/student/en/primary/help/ecg-resources.html) for more ECG resources